Position – IP Engineer
Division – Technical
Location – Victoria Island Lagos.
Contract Type – Permanent.
No. of Vacancy – 1 Spot
The IP Engineer is responsible for planning and implementing IP connectivity solutions using a wide range of networking products including Cisco router and switches, Mikrotik routers as well as firewall devices.
- Assist the IP specialist to achieve the corporate objectives
- Provide technological innovation to improve routing performance and overall service availability
- Support in regular review of core and distribution network design with a view to optimize the network
- Responsible for configuring core and Edge routers for integration of last mile connections across technologies such as VSAT, Microwave Radio, APN and Optic Fiber to deploy various connectivity solution over the MPLS network.
- Client bandwidth configuration on PE devices.
- Graphing of core nodes integrated on the network.
- Provide technical solutions to network issues beyond the 2nd level support.
- IP address planning and management for core, distribution and access Network.
- Attend project & departmental meetings
- Provide inputs to the departmental annual budget
- Monitor Core Network Performance and report performance and any incidents.
Education, Qualification & Work Experience
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Electronics Engineering or related field.
- Network experience in an ISP environment or a Systems Integration company with specialization in enterprise and service provider routing and switching solutions
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant role.
- At least 2 years practical experience in supporting network solutions implementation using OSPF, ISIS and BGP routing protocols
- At least 2 years’ experience in deploying MPLS L2VPN and L3VPN solutions for clients
- Relationship & People Management.
- CCNP Routing & Switching/Service Provider Core
- Affiliation with relevant professional bodies Cisco
- Cisco Routing, & Switching
- Basic core Network Planning and Implementation
- Good communication skills
- Basic Project Management skills
- People Management Skills (Employees, Team, Vendors and Customers)
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Basic Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to analyses and interpret detailed technical solution and implement into network planning document.
- Ability to monitor the Network and report performance.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage various network protection schemes namely MESH and RING etc.
- Good understanding of SDH, Carrier Ethernet Technology, quality of service and network management concepts is necessary.