|Job title||Network Administrator|
|Reports to||Head, Product Development & Presales|
|Location:||Head Office Victoria Island|
|Duration:||3-6 months contract subject to renewal|
Responsible for managing and supporting customer’s Wired and Wireless Local Area Network. Diligent and meticulous with the ability to identify problems and come up with solutions can help in ensuring that network runs smoothly and secured.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategic Insight and Integration
- Design, implement, act as consultant in managing the local network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and VPN connectivity and active devices
- Visit the customer locations within your designated region to ensure flawless execution of client service deployments.
- Working in active collaboration with Technical Presales Officer to integrate new systems and network architecture.
Technical / Analysis and Problem Solving
- Installing, configuring, and administering network technologies on the Users LAN.
- Manage and administer the local on-site network and server infrastructure.
- Document network configurations, changes, and setup procedures.
- Implement Security architecture for Customers LAN
- Provide guide to Customer Backup system, and Recovery.
- Provide standard reporting on all Customer completed installation.
- Support in Disaster Recovery Management.
- Provide Support on Virus Protection and Eradication.
- Provide guide on Maintenance of MS Exchange Environment.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and design the network infrastructure deployment at multiple venues and locations.
- identify and implement ways to improve Clients network and IT systems, such as maintenance activities or upgrades.
Interpersonal, Relationship Management & Collaboration
- Network Administrators communication include written and verbal and active listening.
- Decision making, critical thinking, organizing, and planning
- Collaborate with clients and colleagues to effectively with Technical Presales Officer.
- Identify the most appropriate solutions.
- Translate this information into easy-to-understand formats for clients or colleagues with less technical expertise.
- Possess excellent presentation and teaching skills.
Education & Work Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Electronics or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Network Administrator.
- Network experience in an ISP environment or a systems integration company with specialization in enterprise and service provider routing and switching solutions.
Competency Skills & Certifications
- Certifications in any two of CCNA, Network 5 Certification. or equivalent certifications
- Innovation management.
- Customer Service Trainings and experience will be an added advantage.
- ISP network design.
- RF technology skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Market research.
- Delivery of timely and accurate resolution of escalation.
- Delivery of quality technical and engineering advice.
- Standard documentation of all customers and internal networks.
- Network performance and Capacity issues.
- Networks outages and downtime.